Georgia Tech Campus Departments & Student Organizations
Campus departments do not pay a fee for space rental unless the department is sponsoring an outside group or hosting a convention/meeting with registration fees. The department must pay for all other costs associated with the Ferst Center, including but not limited to required labor, janitorial, set-up, etc. Note: Ferst Center Lighting, Sound, Followspot and AV Operators must be present when those systems are used. No exceptions. These expenses may not be reimbursed by an outside entity when the department is receiving free space rental.
Please call the Client and Patron Services Manager at 404-894-9195 to check the availability of your date.
Only Student Organizations chartered by the Student Government and in good standing are entitled to use the Ferst Center for the Arts and only if the following conditions are met:
The student organization must be the presenter of the event and must be listed in this manner on any advertisement of tickets for the event. Student organizations cannot permit off-campus organizations to use the Center by requesting usage through the student organization, and cannot be reimbursed for expenses by an outside entity.
Student organizations must provide a campus organizational representative that will be present at all pre-production meetings and at all times when in the auditorium, i.e. rehearsal and performances.
The student organization’s faculty advisor and Student Organization Advisor must sign the Permit Agreement.
The student organization pays the non-profit rental rate unless the organization meets the Student Government Association requirements listed below. If the SGA requirements are met, SGA funds will cover rental costs for the facility. Organizations are responsible for all other fees associated with hosting an event at the Ferst Center. The Event Manager, will determine eligibility of the organization.
SGA Requirements for Funding:
- Must be a chartered student organization in good standing. Includes pending organizations.
- Event must be non-profit/non-fundraising.
- Any unexpected net revenue from an event will be held by the Ferst Center and applied towards the cost of funding of rental fees for student organizations the following year.
- Event must be open to all Georgia Tech students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Organization is limited to two funded events per semester.
- The maximum cost of student ticket is 75% of general admission price. Student ticket price may not exceed $20.
- The event must have been held previously in the Ferst Center with a minimum attendance of 500.
- The event must be advertised:
1. Place an ad in The Technique – minimum 1/4 page ad running for a minimum of 2 weeks before the event
2. Notify Cyberbuzz about the event
3. Hang a banner from the Student Center balcony
4. Distribute flyers to housing areas
5. Post flyers on all high visibility bulletin boards around campus